- Vietnam: The Long Shadow of WarOct-31-2021
November 1 marks the 66th anniversary of the start of the Vietnam War, the struggle dubbed "The American War" by the Vietnamese people. Robert Bociaga takes a look at the developing and enduring relationship between the old adversaries in Washington and Hanoi.
- China's bullying' in S. China Sea helped advance US-Vietnam ties, says former envoyOct-31-2021
Former US envoy Ted Osius discusses his efforts to turn former war foes into friends.
- Retired Vietnam Ambassador Ted Osius: Diplomacy Is about Building Trust and Taking RisksOct-29-2021
Mr. Osius, appointed by President Barack Obama in 2014, spoke to an Elliott School crowd on United States-Vietnam relations following wartime.
- An excerpt from the Foreword written by John KerryOct-16-2021
In Nothing Is Impossible: America’s Reconciliation with Vietnam, my friend Ted Osius, former U.S. ambassador to Vietnam, tells the extraordinary story of how two enemies became friends. Relationships are at the core of this story, ecause for reconciliation and for diplomacy relationships matter.
- Behind the scenes of Trump's very strange White House meeting with Vietnam's prime ministerOct-14-2021
The Oval Office looked the same. The wall-to-ceiling windows continued to overlook the South Lawn. The famous "Resolute" desk dominated the room. But it didn't feel like the Oval Office I remembered.
- Behind-the-scenes story of the meeting between President Barack Obama and General Secretary Nguyen Phu TrọngOct-08-2021
I told the students a behind-the-scenes story from the spring of 2015, when I heard from Party and government leaders that General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trọng wanted to visit President Barack Obama in the United States.
- Meeting with President Nguyễn Xuân PhúcOct-01-2021
When I met with President Phúc on September 23, he surprised me with congratulations on the publication of Nothing Is Impossible: America’s Reconciliation with Vietnam.